Website IMPACT Strategies Inc.
YOUR MISSION AS DIRECTOR OF PRE-CONSTRUCTION
At IMPACT Strategies, Inc. (“IMPACT”), our comprehensive construction management, pre-construction management, design/build, and general contracting services, along with our record of safety excellence, have earned us recognition as one of the premier commercial builders in the market. Check out our success stories and learn more at www.buildwithimpact.com.
IMPACT is seeking an experienced Director of Pre-Construction with a passion for managing pre-construction processes efficiently and effectively while maintaining an unwavering commitment to outstanding client experience. Your mission is to oversee the design development phase from proposal submission to the start of onsite activities, maintaining organizational standards for quality design, sound budget management, and schedule adherence.
Reporting to our President, this role is responsible for overseeing projects through the design phase, including all client, design team, and governmental coordination required. You will support exciting and challenging projects ranging from $1M to more than $50M while leading a small team of talented estimators and pre-construction specialists.
- SUPPORT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND CLIENT ONBOARDING In partnership with the Business Development team, participate in project interviews and lead the preparation of responses for RFPs. Help to win compelling business opportunities, and consult with prospective clients to define project scopes, requirements, and budgets.
- OWN AND MANAGE THE DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PROCESS You will oversee all aspects of the design development phase, including identifying and coordinating stakeholders such as local municipalities, local utilities, and other governing bodies to determine requirements and clarify process for securing project approval, permits, and bonds. You will lead regular design meetings with the client and design team to identify project requirements, ensuring that IMPACT delivers a high-quality, thorough final design. Coordinate final approvals and the release of the project to construction.
- OWN DOCUMENTATION, SCHEDULING, & PROJECT BUDGETING You will lead project teams and manage project-related correspondence cross-functionally with architects, consultants, clients, and in-house team members. In collaboration with all team members, you will ensure the accurate and timely preparation of project budgets, proposals, and schedules. Track and mitigate overages in project budgets through well-documented value-added opportunities.
IS THIS A MATCH FOR YOU?
- Your Experience – You have gained a minimum of 5-15+ years of progressive experience in pre-construction roles with a preference for private sector project experience.
- Your Expertise – You bring strong experience leading pre-construction efforts and excel as a project owner and cross-functional collaborator. Your expertise includes facilitating design conversations, scoping projects, documenting requirements, estimating costs, building project budgets, and creating schedules.
- Your Communication Skills – You have developed exceptional communication skills and you build relationships with confidence as a trusted and confidential partner to internal and external stakeholders. You communicate transparently and frequently, and you have a genuine, relational approach to stakeholder interactions.
- Your Technology Skills – You are proficient in a broad spectrum of digital construction tools and have experience with estimating software (Timberline or similar), Microsoft Office, bid management systems, online plan rooms, and collaboration tools (Bluebeam or similar). You know how to strategically utilize digital tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the pre-construction process.
- Your Education – You have completed a 4-year degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a related area.
WHY JOIN US?
- GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES & SENIOR LEADERSHIP – IMPACT values growth opportunities for internal team members. This position will serve as a key leader within preconstruction and prospectively on the senior leadership team. Timeline of growth opportunities depends on an individual’s skill set and project experience gained to date.
- WE OFFER AN ENTREPRENEURIAL, INNOVATIVE FAMILIAL CULTURE – Founded with an entrepreneurial spirit, IMPACT believes in empowering employees and is a great match for those who enjoy autonomy and ownership while collaborating with a team of supportive and talented colleagues. If you’re seeking to own a marketing function from brand and content strategy to communications and business development, this is the role for you.
- WE ARE A PEOPLE-CENTRIC ORGANIZATION – Creating raving client fans is what we do best. IMPACT is proud to support every client and boasts a high percentage of requests for repeat project work. The same philosophy applies to our internal team – we look for creative ways to support employee wellness, recognize employee contributions, and take care of our people at all levels of the organization.
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE – IMPACT offers a competitive base salary and semi-annual performance bonus plan. IMPACT also offers a comprehensive benefits plan, including paid time off; competitive medical, dental and vision benefits; fitness and wellness program; tuition assistance; service award trips every 5 years; and a matching 401k plan.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
This position will work with clients on and off-site and require regular presence at either or both of our offices in Fairview Heights, Illinois, and in St. Louis (Clayton), Missouri. Travel for select client needs is estimated at 15%.
READY TO APPLY?
Take the next step and share your resume with Occhio Search. Visit www.occhiosearch.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. All resumes, referrals and general inquiries will be held strictly confidential. IMPACT Strategies asks that all questions, referrals, and applications be directed to its retained search consultant at Occhio Search. No direct inquiries with IMPACT, please.
IMPACT Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome differences in form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply and we look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit occhiosearch.com.