Key areas of focus for the AEC industry and what we are looking for:
- Technological Advancements: The construction industry has been increasingly adopting innovative technologies such as Building Information Modeling (BIM), drones, and augmented reality for design, planning, and project management. In 2023, we have seen even further advancements in these technologies, improving efficiency and reducing costs. One of the most discussed topics so far is AI. If you have become an AI guru we want to know about it.
- Green Construction Practices: Sustainability and environmental considerations have been gaining importance in the construction sector for some time now. We continue to see an increased adoption of eco-friendly materials, energy-efficient designs, and construction practices that aim to reduce the industry’s environmental impact. Again, if this is your passion we want to know about it!
- Modular Construction: The trend towards modular and prefabricated construction methods has been growing in demand. This approach typically results in faster construction schedules, cost savings, and reduces waste. We have given awarded in the past few years for modular construction projects. As more used come into play, we want to share more about what you are doing.
- Smart Cities and Infrastructure: The development of smart cities involves integrating technology into urban infrastructure to enhance efficiency and sustainability. Residential and Commercial construction has seen a significant uptick in SMART design and installation. Do you have unique projects especially related to development of smart cities?
- Safety Improvements: Safety has always been a priority in the construction industry. Advancements in safety technologies, such as wearable devices and monitoring systems, type 2 hard hats, and improved safety equipment are preventing incidents and more serious injuries. Has your safety protocols changes? Let’s hear about it. Owners report their deeper desire to be provided very detailed safety procedures and what you have implemented in the last 6 months.
- Collaboration and Standardization: Collaboration across teams and the establishment of standards can streamline construction processes and facilitate projects. If there were notable efforts towards standardization and collaboration that made a difference in 2023, let’s hear about it
We know there are are all types of challenges such as workforce, inclusion, cultural competency that also affect our industry. Let us know what you want to know more about.
By: Kelly Jackson, Executive Director