We held our annual Gateway to Inclusion Workshop on Wednesday, November 8th, and wow! What a great event! We want to take time to thank all of our hosts for their time and effort, along with our M/WBE Presenters for showcasing their businesses.
Our presenters included:
- Lisa Reed, Principal, Reed Burket Lighting Design
- Sabrina Westfall, Owner, J. West Electric
- Billy Gossett, Manager (Project Management Office), UtilliCo
- Jane Megown, Owner, Elastizell of St. Louis
- Deanna Hemphill, VP, My-T-Sharp Janitorial Services, LLC
- D’Von Johnson, President, D. Johnson Painting, LLC
- Sheila Johnson-Jackson, Owner, B.T.D. Painting & Construction
- Christine Michel, Owner, CNJ Mechanical Contractors, LLC
- James Grayson, President, Plumbing Innovations
- Alan Jackson, President, Archview Services
- Raymond Straughter, President, Sultan Construction Co., LLC
While there are many more M/WBE businesses who were not present, we do want to express our support to them as well, as the goal of our Workshop was to bring people together to spread resources and knowledge that can help their businesses succeed. The power of networking was apparent and we are proud to have been able to showcase these businesses to such a great audience. Please take a moment to look at these, and many more of the M/WBE businesses in our community. A big thank you to our Inclusion Workshop Chair Jane Megown and our wonderful emcee, Nicole Adewale! We couldn’t have done it without the two of them. And of course, thank you to our Program Sponsor, Kozeny Wagner, as well as our Food & Beverage Sponsor, Horner & Shifrin. We greatly appreciate their continued support! We hope everyone who attended enjoyed the event and the networking opportunities it provided.
We also thank those of you who gave us your feedback on the event. As you most likely know, we are always looking for feedback from our members to better meet your needs and interests. So, we encourage you to continue taking the surveys after events as well as in our Weekly Newsletter Updates. These greatly help us as we plan next year’s events and provide better content for you-our members!
If you aren’t signed up for the Weekly Newsletter, please contact Lydia Meyer to get signed up!