Anna Leavey, Owner/Principal at Anna Leavey LLC. Anna Leavey LLC serves as an Owner’s Representative and design and construction Program Management consultant. Anna serves on our Board of Directors and Executive Committee. She has extensive experience working in traditional architecture firms and as an Owner’s Representative for organizations such as Panera Bread, BJC HealthCare, Gateway Arch Park Foundation, Great Rivers Greenway, and St. Louis Symphony Orchestra.
Read below to get to know more about her!
Q: Where did you grow up? Or have you lived in St. Louis your whole life?
- A: I was born and raised in Jacksonville, FL. I did, in fact, go to high school in STL so that makes me a St. Louisan!
Q: Where did you go to college?
- A: My undergraduate degree is from Smith College in Northampton, MA. My MArch and MCM degrees are from Washington University in St. Louis.
Q: What brought you to work in the AEC Industry?
- A: I am passionate about making the world better by design. The design and construction industry is a way to help make that happen in a thoughtful, meaningful, and intentional way…one project at a time.
Q: What’s your favorite part about your position?
- A: I enjoy working with Owners and getting to know their industry, as well as guiding them through the design and construction process. Every project brings new opportunities which are both challenging and rewarding.
Q: What’s your proudest moment(s) in your career so far?
- A: The best part of any project is having satisfied end users whose expectations are exceeded and having the project catalyze new ideas for the future.
Q: What do you enjoy doing in your free time? Any special hobbies?
- A: I enjoy gardening, home renovation projects, and long walks in Forest Park.
Q: What’s something interesting that most people don’t know about you?
- A: I am a Master Gardener….but you would never know from looking at my home garden!
Q: What, if anything, are you currently watching, reading, listening to, etc.? Any recommendations?
- A: Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer is an amazing read….I highly recommend it.
Q: What advice do you have for young professionals in our industry?
A: Learn as much as you can to help make a better future. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or challenge ideas.
Q: Who are your mentors & why?
A: Many of the people that I have worked with in my career have offered mentorship in some way or another. Each team and project has offered learning opportunities, growth, and guidance. I am grateful to so many who have helped to shape my career!